Investor Visas

Investor Visas

Immigrant investors seeking to enter the United States to participate in new commercial ventures that support the US economy through job creation and capital investment may apply for investor visas under US immigration law.

There are temporary investor visas (E-1 and E-2 visas) and investor visas for immigrants (EB-5). These visas are available for people who want to work in the United States by starting or investing in a company. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check what visa is right for you and our associates will guide you throughout the process of applying and obtaining the right visa.

Investor Visa Categories 

  • Employment First Preference (E1): Priority Worker and Persons of Extraordinary Ability
  • Employment Second Preference (E2): Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability
  • Employment Third Preference (E3): Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)
  • Employment Fourth Preference (E4): Certain Special Immigrants
  • Employment Fifth Preference (E5): Immigrant Investors

Immigrant Investor Visa Categories

  • C5 – Employment creation outside a targeted area
  • T5 – Employment creation in a targeted rural/high unemployment area 
  • R5 – Investor Pilot Program not in a targeted area
  • I5 – Investor Pilot Program in a targeted area

Qualifications to Get an Investor Visa

A foreign national must spend, without borrowing, the following minimum qualifying capital dollar amounts in a qualifying commercial enterprise to qualify as an immigrant investor for petitions filed on or after November 21, 2019.

  • $900,000 
  • $1,800,000 (US) in a high-unemployment or rural area, considered a targeted employment area

Within two years, a qualified investment must establish full-time jobs for at least 10 US citizens, lawful permanent residents, or other immigrants allowed to work in the US, except the investor and his or her spouse, sons, or daughters.

Congress created the immigrant investor visa to draw international capital to the United States while also creating employment for American workers. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you determine what investor visa would best fit you and your business. 

Book a Consultation

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.