H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa

The H-1B work visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored visa which means that your employer must give you a position and petition the USCIS for your H-1B visa.

It enables US companies to hire graduate-level employees in specialty occupations that require theoretical or professional knowledge in specialized fields such as the following:

  • information technology
  • banking, accounting
  • architecture
  • engineering
  • mathematics
  • science
  • medicine

The H-1B visa for specialty occupations can be used for any specialized level job that usually requires a bachelor’s degree or higher. You may be able to demonstrate degree equivalence by work experience and/or other credentials if you do not have a bachelor’s degree or higher. 

Required Documents for H1B Visa Petition

For petitioning, the employer can request such documents from the foreign worker. A standard sample of the requirements for an H-1B petition is as follows:

  • a copy of your passport
  • a copy of all degrees, educational records, and transcripts
  • a letter from your new employer
  • a copy of your previous work/experience
  • a copy of any certifications or accomplishments 

Steps to Apply for H1B Work Visa

  1. Receive a digital photograph as well as an application form
  2. Pay the H1B application fee 
  3. Arrange an interview for an H1B visa
  4. Fingerprinting for a US visa
  5. Visit the US consulate for a visa interview

The H-1B visa and status are valid for three years at a time and can be renewed for another three years. When the full duration of stay expires, the foreign worker must either leave the United States or receive a new status (such as an F-1 student or O-1 “extraordinary ability” worker).

Xavier A. Mendez and associates will assess your situation and guide you through the application process from registration until the interview to get your H1B visa. Just schedule an appointment with any of our immigration lawyers now. We successfully handle all immigrant-related cases throughout the United States. 

Book a Consultation

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.