Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-Immigrant Visas

Foreign nationals wishing to enter the United States temporarily for travel, business, medical care, or certain forms of temporary work are given non-immigrant visas. The form of non-immigrant visa required is determined by immigration law and is linked to the travel intent.

A non-immigrant visa allows people who do not want to immigrate to the United States to visit for a limited time.

  • Visas for Work
  • Visas for Students
  • Visas for Flights
  • Visas for Special Interest

B-1/B-2 visas for tourists, C-1/D visas for crewmen, F visas for students, H visas for work, and J visas for exchange visitors are among the nonimmigrant visas available.

Every visa has its own set of requirements as well as an application form. Keep in mind that applying for a nonimmigrant visa with immigrant intent is deemed misrepresentation and could result in a permanent ban from entering the United States.

The completion of your application for a non-immigrant visa in the United States is the first step. This takes about 90 minutes to complete. You will move on to the next steps after submitting your application, such as scheduling your interview. XAM immigration lawyers will help you from the very beginning till the end of the process.

Steps to Apply for Non-Immigrant Visas

  • Check the authenticity of your passport.
  • Fill out Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application.
  • Arrange an appointment for an interview.
  • Collect all required supporting documents.
  • Pay the MRV¬†
  • Consular Officer Interview for your visa
  • Return to Collect Your Passport and Visa

It is not an easy task to get a non-immigrant visa in the United States. If you would not properly complete the Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, it will jeopardize your chance to enter the country.

Similarly, many applicants for tourist visas have been barred from entering the United States indefinitely. So, if it’s an application for a temporary work visa or a tourist visa, make sure to hire an experienced immigration attorney who can help you file all the forms and documents correctly.

For years, Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm handles cases throughout the United States: permanent residence, citizenship, migratory forgiveness, asylum, defense for persons detained by ICE, defense in immigration courts, TN visas, and investor’s E-2 visas. Schedule a consultation with any of our immigration lawyers now!

Book a Consultation

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.