Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards

The United States can issue up to 140,000 employment-based green cards each year. Because it does not just deal with your employer, this green card category is a bit broad. 

It also includes the possibility of obtaining a green card through investments or employment in a specialized field. Our immigration lawyers will definitely discuss more of these with you.

There are several different priority levels. Priority is given to the following groups when granting permanent residence:

  • persons with extraordinary ability (those who excel in the sciences, the arts, education, business, or athletics)
  • outstanding professors and researchers¬†
  • managers and executives in multinational companies

Entrepreneurs, people with a job offer from a US company, and workers in very specific fields (for example, religious workers) that will significantly benefit the national interest of the United States are all eligible for a green card. The employment-based categories are primarily defined by the difficulty and educational requirements of the job that the foreign national will be performing.

Your employer must first obtain a labor certification from the US Department of State, complete USCIS Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for an Alien Worker. and gather all required documents. Then the application and payment of the registration fee will be sent to USCIS via mail or email. Once the application has been processed, your sponsor will receive a receipt and then a notification of the decision made, and the National National Visa Center (NVC) will notify you about the immigrant visa application process if your request is approved.

Foreigner Workers Getting Employment-Based Green Cards

All green card holders are legally allowed to work in the United States, but anyone else needs a work permit. Foreign nationals in the United States are not allowed to work unless they have obtained express authorization under the terms of their visa or another status, or have registered for, applied for, and received a work permit separately.

We will help you get a work permit or Employment Authorization Document (EAD). It is a photo identification card issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Noncitizens who meet the criteria may apply for an EAD using Form I-765, Application for Work Authorization. If approved, an EAD based on the alien’s immigration situation will be issued for a specific period.¬†

The Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will provide you assistance with all aspects of the process, including obtaining travel documentation and an employment visa. If you need quality legal advice and assistance, simply schedule a consultation with us.

Book a Consultation

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.