Work Permit/Work Authorization

Work Permit/Work Authorization

Work Permit/Work Authorization

You might have a US employer who is willing to file a permanent residence petition on your behalf, but do you know how to get a work permit/work authorization?

Through employment in the United States, aliens can become lawful permanent residents in a variety of ways under US immigration law. It is a multi-step procedure that involves specific document work and is governed by a few rules and regulations.

All green card holders are the ones who can automatically work in the US but for everyone else, a work permit is required. Foreign nationals in the United States are not permitted to work unless they have received explicit permission under the terms of their visa or another status, or have separately qualified for, applied for, and received a work permit.


Ask XAM Firm for Help to Get a Work Permit/Work Authorization

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues a work permit, which is a photo identification card. It is also known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Noncitizens who meet the requirements can submit Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request an EAD. 

Immigration Attorney Xavier A. Mendez and associates will help applicants submit Form I-765 or the Application for Employment Authorization form and request an EAD. After that, applicants must mail the form to the USCIS Regional Service Center in their area. If approved, an EAD based on the alien’s immigration situation will be issued for a specific period.

An employment visa is valid for three years and can be extended to six years. By applying for an employment-based immigrant visa, you may be able to live and work permanently in the United States if you have the right combination of skills, education, and/or work experience.

Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm can assist you throughout the process including the gathering of travel documents and getting the employment visa. Just schedule a consultation if you require quality legal advice and support.

Book a Consultation

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.