It is not enough to obtain the services of an attorney. The most important thing is to obtain legal representation from an attorney who is focused on immigration law and has experience in specific cases like yours. The attorney, better than anyone else, can develop an effective strategy that takes into account the client’s immigration goals and assists the applicant with proper experience-based interview instructions. Your attorney must keep you informed of their deadlines for filing documents and keeping appointments.

In order to take the citizenship test in Spanish, you must be at least 50 years old and have been a permanent resident for at least 20 years, or be at least 55 years old and have been a permanent resident for at least 20 years. less 15 years.
If you are at least 65 years old and have been a permanent resident for 20 years, you qualify to take a simpler version of the citizenship test, and this test is in Spanish.

Naturalization is the process by which US citizenship is granted to a permanent resident.
These are the requirements to qualify for naturalization (become a citizen):

• Have reached 18 years of age

• Have completed 5 years as a permanent resident (3 years if you arranged citizenship for your citizen spouse).

• Have continuously lived in the United States as a permanent resident for at least 5 years immediately prior to the date of filing the application.

• Have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months in the 5 years immediately prior to the application processing date.

• Reside continuously in the United States from the date of the application for naturalization to the date of naturalization (from when you apply for citizenship until you are sworn in)

• Be able to read, write and speak English and have knowledge of the history and government (civics) of the United States (except in the cases discussed in the previous question)

• Be a person of good moral conduct, who respects the law.

Every human being in the United States has rights that they can exercise. Understand that you have rights that no authority can deny you. Some of these are: You can remain silent, you can demand that a lawyer represent you, you cannot be physically or verbally abused, you can make a phone call, you cannot be forced to sign any documents.
If they arrive at your home you can ask for the judge’s order to be passed under the door and if the wanted person is not really present you can inform the officers that that person either does not live there, or is not found. Your obligations are: Do not oppose with physical resistance or try to deceive the agents. Remember that if you decide not to remain silent, any information you provide may be used against you.

An immigrant who is in deportation proceedings has the possibility to settle his situation in front of an Immigration Court. The case can be defended in many ways and that is why it is very important that you obtain representation from an attorney who is experienced in defending cases like yours.

Just because you are a lawful permanent resident does not mean that you cannot be deported from the country.
There are many crimes that can result in being referred to a deportation defense hearing in front of an immigration judge.

It is for this reason that if you are arrested for a crime, it is very important that you obtain legal representation to defend your immigration rights. Your criminal attorney should be aware of the consequences under immigration law.

If your case has been denied by the Immigration Court you have 30 days to appeal to the Court of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
If the case has been denied by the Immigration Court of Appeals, there is a possibility that it will still be you can appeal to your state Circuit. You have 30 days to file a Request for Review.

No, when you are a permanent resident, you cannot arrange residency for your parents. A permanent resident can only arrange residency for her husband and children.

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Book a Consultation

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.