Green Card Through Employment

Green Card Through Employment

Green Card Through Employment

Green cards can be obtained through family, savings, refugee status, or other special circumstances, but you can also get a green card through employment.

More immigrants arrive in the United States than in any other country on the planet. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, nearly 17% of the American workforce is foreign-born.

Although there are a variety of ways for people to become permanent residents (green card holders) in the United States, many people apply through jobs.

If a person’s employer is unable to find a suitable U.S. worker for the job, US immigration laws allow them to obtain a green card through employment.

4 Ways to Obtain Green Card Through Employment

There are four simple ways to receive a green card through employment. The following are some of them: 

  • After obtaining a formal job offer in the United States, a person may apply for a green card.
  • A green card may be given to distinguished persons with extraordinary abilities or special individuals who have been given a national interest waiver.
  • A green card can be applied for by anyone who starts a company in the United States and creates new jobs. His or her green card will most likely be an EB-5 visa.
  • Special-category green cards involve jobs in specific immigrant groups, such as broadcasters, foreign staff, and religious workers.

The green card application process varies depending on how a person will get the green card. Immigration Attorney Xavier A. Mendez and associates will help you from filing forms I-140 and I-145 to registering for permanent residence or adjustment status.

Book a Consultation

Select Location

703 S 8th St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States
801 El Paso St #100, El Paso, TX 79902, United States
8876 Gulf Fwy Suite 215, Houston, TX 77017, United States

Get In Touch


Employment Based Green Cards

Employment Based Green Cards are one way for immigrants to lawfully live and work in the US. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will assist you from the very start of the process.

O-1 Visas

O-1 Visas are issued to individuals with exceptional abilities in different fields. Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help you check your eligibility and apply for O-1 visas.


H1B Work Visa

H1B Work Visa is a non-immigrant and employer-sponsored temporary visa that helps US companies to recruit foreign employees in specialized occupations temporarily.

E-2 Visa

E-2 Visa is a temporary visa for business owners and investors in the United States. Several conditions must be met to qualify for an E-2 visa.

EB-5 Visa

EB-5 Visa will help you get a green card by investing. There are certain amounts needed for the investment and Xavier A. Mendez Law Firm will help discuss all the requirements with you.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Tell Us About Your Case


Click or drag a file to this area to upload.